To make a gift of stock by:
Physical stock certificates
- Ask your broker to transfer [# ]shares of [stock] bracket in care of:
Schwab Institutional, DTC ID #0164, code 40
Our account #SL2184-8308
- Notify Donna Merrell, Vice President for Advancement and Alumni Relations, of the stock to be received so that proper acknowledgment can be made. Please call 660-248-6214 or email email@example.com.
- Send your stock certificate, unsigned, to Central Methodist University with a note indicating your gift intentions.
- In a separate envelope mail a fully executed stock power (with signature guaranteed, not notarized) to the University and a third party release (with signature guaranteed by a notary and the notary’s seal).
- All gifts of securities must be accompanied by a letter stating, " I______, wish to contribute [#of shares] of [______] stock to Central Methodist University. This letter must be signed by anyone having the authority to sell the shares. Print a sample letter , which you may fill in the blanks and return to the University.
Central Methodist University
Attn: Donna Merrell, VP for Advancement
411 Central Methodist Square
Fayette, MO 65248
Tax note: To be exempt from capital gains tax, it is important that you NOT sell the stock, but TRANSFER it to the account of the nonprofit institution, i. e., CMU.
CMU’s Federal Tax ID #43-0654854